Introduction to Magento Event Tickets Extension
Event Tickets by Magenest is the ultimate extension for e-commerce websites that allows store admins to manage events and tickets. Store admin can also create custom ticket such as VIP, regular, adults only,… each with custom template to best fit the event's context. The extension can also send reminder so that your customer won't miss out the event.
The extension is packed with the following features:
- Admin can create and edit the properties of events such as location, start time, end time, reminder,…
- Admin can add a new ticket type such as VIP, regular, adult only,… each with its own template and quantity.
- The module will automatically send a PDF-formatted ticket as an attachment via email after the customer is done purchasing the ticket.
- The module will send an email to remind customers of the upcoming event.
- Admin can have his own design for a template.
- Admin can toggle redemption status for each sent tickets.
- Users can also view and print tickets from their My account page
- The extension allows to display available event addresses in a nice map like Google Map
Your store should be running on Magento Community Edition version 1.8.x or 1.9.x.
Video Tutorial Playlist
(Go to the playlist link to view more: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOgckfH7zlZsQ8A5-rdWwVf0XksKdgtgd )
Turn off Compilation mode
- If compilation mode in your Magento is enabled in your Magento store, you have to turn it off, otherwise your store and admin site would be inaccessible after installing the extension.
- To disable Magento Compilation, go to System–>Tools–>Compilation.
- Make sure you have backed up your Magento files and databases in case things go wrong.
Turn on cache
- You have to turn on your configuration cache to prevent early installation, as it could be a reason of errors.
- Go to System→Cache Management.
Perform the Installation
- After purchasing and download the module's zip file, unzip it into a directory of your choice.
- We recommend using FileZilla to perform the installation via FTP. Enter your store's Host IP, Username and Password, then hit Quickconnect
- Carefully upload the files of the module to the corresponding directory
- You should refresh Magento's cache to provide Magento with the ability to register a new extension.
- To prevent an “Access Denied” error, you have to re-enter to the backend. Log in with a full administrator account to get the new permissions.
- Now you should check whether your website and your new module works as expected.
Creating an event
- To create an event, first create a product. After that, navigate to Catalog → Manage Products.
- Then add switch to Event Booking Tab
- You can see a handful of options here, but first, select Enable Ticket as Yes
Then you can specify the following options:
- Start time and End time: starting and ending time for your event
- Reminder before days: the exact time for the module to send a reminder email to customer
- Generate PDF Ticket: Select Yes if you want your ticket to be a PDF document
- Event Location: Location for the event
Next up, specify some ticket types for the event, in the following demo, we specified a Child, Adult and Student ticket type
- Title: tick type's name
- Qty: the initial quantity for each ticket type
- Code Prefix: each ticket type comes with a specific code set, this is the code set's prefix
- Confirmation email: template for the ticket type
- Click on Add if you want to add a new type.
Hit Save when done, you can check to see if the event has been created by navigating to Catalog → Event Ticket → Manage Event Products
Ticket type summary
This is basically the Summary for ticket types, with Purchased quantity, Available quantity and revenue for each type, as shown.
- In the Attendees tab, the admin can easily manage the attendees of the event. As we can see, this customer bought 3 tickets of type Magento, all have been invoiced and one redeemed.
- In case the customer want to buy some tickets, here we have Game Developer Conference 2015 event
- Proceed to Add to cart, customer can choose ticket type as shown:
- Hit Add to cart to continue:
- Next, hit Proceed to checkout, fill in the checkout form, example outcome:
- When the purchase is completed, the admin can check the new order by navigating to Sales → Orders
- Admin can complete the order by clicking Invoice and submit the invoice
- The admin can check the tickets by clicking on Catalog → Event Ticket → Manage Ticket, as we can see below, the ticket has been delivered.
- On customer's side, he can check the mail for delivered ticket. By default, the template for delivered ticket is as follows:
- The code for the event is printed on the ticket. The customer also can use a barcode or QR scanning app on a smartphone to scan for the code.
- When a bug fix or new feature is released, we will provide you with the module's new package. All you need to do is repeating the above installing steps and uploading the package onto your store. The code will automatically override.
- Flush the config cache. Your store and newly installed module should be working as expected.
- We will reply to support requests after 2 business days.
- We will offer lifetime free update and 6 months free support for all of our paid products. Support includes answering questions related to our products, bug/error fixing to make sure our products fit well in your site exactly like our demo.
- Support DOES NOT include other series such as customizing our products, installation and uninstallation service.
Once again, thank you for purchasing our extension. If you have any questions relating to this extension, please do not hesitate to contact us for support.